Monday, December 29, 2008

All I Want for Christmas

First, Katie Jo loves to take pictures with my camera. She likes to sit me down with different props and arrange things so she can get the perfect shot. I rarely need to self time anymore since she can center up a picture very well and hold the button down. It's a nice way to make sure I try to get myself or Jay in some shots.
Second, I asked Jay what he thought about getting KJ a kid camera for Christmas. He agreed it would probably be a big hit.
Thirdly, I researched and found that most used a view finder and a lot had sorry reviews. I wasn't going to buy one with the view finder since the whole point is that she like using the screen to see the picture she's taking and what it looks like after she took it.
Fourthly, I was in Wal-Mart and thought to look at the cameras just to see what was out there. I found a Disney Jr. Pix that came in a Mickey cover and Princess one. I decided to buy the Mickey and bring it home for research. Lo and behold it had just come out and was number 5 on the top ten toys for 2008. Jackpot!
Fifthly, about two days after I bought it Katie Jo started saying she wanted a camera for Christmas. That sealed the deal!
So this brings us to the blog. It's kind of ridiculous to start a blog with your 3 1/2 year olds pictures but after it was suggested I thought "why not." It's a great way to encourage her hobby and a nice way to document what is important in her world.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Sure looks Phil Hyman-ish to me!!! Good job, Katie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no girl, that's Larry Moore all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    What a GREAT idea! Thanks so much for creating this blg. KJ's photos are forever immortalized - and so are her subjects! I love it - all of it. The blog is awesome, the pictures made me smile & the website is very chic. You're a GREAT mom!
    Kudos!!! See y'all soon!
    Ali M. :o)

    ReplyDelete